Thursday, February 2, 2012

Orly Ingenue


Orly Ingenue from the 2011 Holiday Soirée collection
Orly Ingenue is a stunning purple leaning pink with fine golden particles. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m a big fan of Orly polishes- from the generous amount of polish the bottle holds to the bottle shape that prevents the polish from toppling over to the rubberized cap, they’re pretty great.
As far as the actual polish is concerned, we saw many similar colors to this released in 2011- there are several dupes, or near dupes such as OPI Rally Pretty Pink. This certainly does not take away from my love for type of color though, and since I do not own Rally Pretty Pink, I was happy to pick this one up. The formula was a bit thin for my liking, but I think I’ve just been spoiled by too many rich crèmes. The thin formula really did not impact application though, and this was reasonably opaque in 2 coats.
This is such a tricky polish to photograph because of the color shifts! In low lights, the pinky purple base really comes out, and in bright lights, the gold shines and sparkles. I think I loved this polish on me most when I was in a lower light situation with a small chandelier over me in a bar area of a restaurant- the way the light hit my nails the pinky purple came through but they glistened with golden shimmer.
I’m not sure how flattering the color was on me, but it was still very pretty!




Do you have any colors like this?
Did you get any of the Holiday Soiree collection when it was released?

0 comments:

Post a Comment