Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Color Club Blue-Topia


Color Club Blue-topia from the 2011 Back to Boho Collection
I started picking up the Color Club collections when I noticed they were showing up at discount stores like Ross for only about $8 a set. I will admit that because they were sold as a set at a discount store, I probably had passed them by a million times before I saw pictures of the Color Club polishes being posted on the nail board. Shame on me for discriminating against this brand! As Back to Boho, Foiled, and Beyond the Mistletoe released, I built up my little army of Color Club polishes. These really are great polishes, especially for the price. The square shaped bottle makes them easy to store. The brush is a pretty standard round brush- nothing as glorious as the OPI Pro-wide, but nothing like the horrible mop like brushes from Wet’N’Wild Fast Dry. Overall, Color Club is a solid brand.
Color Club Blue-topia is an inky blue jelly. Being a jelly, a slightly streaky first coat is to be expected, but by the second coat this color was opaque- awesome since some jellies need many coats to eliminate visible nail line. The consistency of the formal was great- not to thick, not to thin, and very easy to paint with. With darker colors, like Blue-topia, this is really important to me because I do not like to do any more clean up that I really have to. I also noticed this polish had a pretty quick dry time without top coat, and a lovely shiny finish. I think this would be a great color as a base for layering flakies or glitters.



Do you ever find the Color Club sets at discount stores?
Have you tried them?


1 comment:

  1. This is one of my only Color Club polish-I love this blue-so pretty!

    ReplyDelete