Thursday, March 15, 2012

Essie Going Overboard

Essie Going Overboard from the Spring 2012 Go Overboard collection

I am a sucker for teal- that lovely shade of green leaning blue has to be one of my favorites! Today, in search of such an indulgence, I reached for Essie's Going Overboard. It is a beautiful deep, dark teal, though in no way a blackened teal, creme from the recent Go Overboard collection. It seemed to fit the bill perfectly!
I generally like Essie- their bottles are a nice design, and store neatly, they contain a reasonable amount of polish, .46 oz, and their brush, while a little thin for my taste, is always trimmed neatly. Because Going Overboard was a creme, I expected application to take little effort... boy was I wrong! I don't know if my bottle was a fluke, but the polish was so thick, it was very hard to control. I know the pictures I'm showing you aren't the neatest post ever- I assure you, I did make a valiant effort at clean up.
Despite being on the thick side, the polish did not bubble while drying- this is two unintentionally thick coats.
I love the color and the shine- since I have thinned it out a bit, I'm sure I'll wear it again. However, I'm not sure if I would have bought it if I knew what a pain the first time out with that color would be.



1 comment:

  1. So pretty...I just bought this; I hope I don't have problems with it :(

    ReplyDelete