Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Essie Going Overboard peacocked with Essie Trophy Wife and Spoiled Pet My Peacock

Base: Essie Going Overboard from the Spring 2012 Go Overboard collection
Diagonal: Essie Trophy Wife from the 2011 New Year's collection
Studded with Spoiled Pet My Peacock

Since I struggled a bit with Going Overboard, I wanted to make it last for a while- do something fun with it to make me forget about the poopy application. If you saw my post for Nubar Reclaim, you can tell I have a thing for peacocks. Their feathers are just beautiful! Going Overboard was going to get a peacock make over....
I did a diagonal stripe of Essie Trophy Wife on each nail- there was a subtle contrast between Trophy Wife and Going Overboard since they were both teals, but with over different finishes. The shimmer from Trophy Wife was pretty, but I decided to add just a little more to it by using the medium-large glitters from Pet My Peacock to stud the line between the two colors. Pet My Peacock is a mix of medium large purple, teal, silver, and gold hex glitters in a clear base. By bushing a little of that on to a piece of paper, I was able to use my dotting tool to fish out glitter and place it on the nail.
And here it is:



2 comments:

  1. So pretty!! I actually discovered three Essie polishes recently (one is drying RIGHT now lol) -buy me a cameo (drying), -armed and ready and -wrapped in rubies. Very pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you picked out some awesome Essie's :-)

      Delete