Sunday, April 22, 2012

OPI Steady as She Rose

OPI Steady as She Rose from the Spring 2011 Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides collection

I used to think that anyone could wear any color, and as long as they liked it, it was all well and good. I found a color that I sure liked it the bottle, but on me, not so much...
Steady as She Rose is grayed lilac leaning pink. While it is a creme, it still took three coats to hit a non-streaky opacity. It was not a difficult formula to use, requiring very little clean up. Perhaps pastels simply aren't flattering on me, perhaps this just isn't the right pink for my skin tone.
I think I would have liked this polish more if it had a little something more- a shimmer, or flakes, or even a pinch of fine glitter. Again, no real fault with the polish, but this was not my cup of tea.



2 comments:

  1. I understand what you say when you thin things don't look right on your skin tone but I actually think this looks nice on you :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! Maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought, I just so rarely reach for pastels that this almost seemed unnatural to me ;)

      Delete