Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Finger Paints Vintage Velvet and Finger Paints Flecked


Layering flakies!
Base color: Finger Paints Vintage Velvet
Next layer: Finger Paints Flecked
Topped with: Pure Ice Heart Breaker
Finger Paints are available exclusively at Sally’s Beauty Supply. As I’ve mentioned, I have no real qualms with this brand. I will say the brush isn’t ideal for my nails. With wider brushes, such as OPI’s brushes, it is quite easy to reach very close to the cuticle without actually touching it by applying gentle pressure and bringing it slightly when painting center portion of your nail. With Finger Paints, the brush is a bit narrower, and I found I really wasn’t able to use the same technique. The clean up wasn’t terrible, but you can easily see a few spots where I got polish on the skin. The color was worth it though. Vintage Velvet is a dusty true teal- it’s much darker than OPI Mermaid’s Tears, but much lighter and less blue than OPI Ski Teal We Drop. I am a sucker for a good crème.
The next layer was another Finger Paints polish. Flecked is a wonderful flakie polish packed with green, teal, and blue flakies depending on how the light hits them. As my friend put it, they look like mermaid’s scales.  Because Flecked is in a clear base, it is ideal for layering- I can imagine wearing it any other way. I really liked this one over teal because the flakies were present, but subtle.
To top it all off, I used Pure Ice Heart Breaker. I’ve seen Pure Ice in Walmart and Walgreens, but I know it is available elsewhere. It comes in a square shaped bottle, not completely unlike Barielle’s, and like the Barielle, it makes for easy storage. The brush was acceptable for a budget polish. Heart Breaker is another great layering polish! This polish has a sheer aqua base and a green/aqua shimmer. I love how fine the shimmer is- it adds a sparkle, similar to glitter, but in a delicate dusting. I thought this would be a great polish for giving the entire nail a beauty sparkle, even in spots where there were no flakies.
You’ll probably see more layering manicures posted. I love doing these because I can try several polishes at once, and create a look you just can’t buy in the store.





Do you have a favorite teal?
How many layers was your thickest polish layering?


1 comment:

  1. I really love the Teal ... but then all the blue shades are just awesome.I should really start doing my nails myself. Great job Angie just love them all!

    ReplyDelete