Sunday, August 19, 2012

Liebster Award!




I was so flattered to have nominated for two Liebster Awards in a single week!
Let me say thank you to Emily of http://canvasnails.blogspot.com/ - if you have not checked out her blog, give it a look! She recently did a great job covering some indie polishes...
I was also nominated by Kristi of http://haphaphappyhands.blogspot.com/ - her awesome blog covers nail polish and more. She seems like a lovely lady!
So, here are the rules:
THE RULES:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the "tagger" has set for them.
 3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag. 
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post. 
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told. 
6. There's no tag backs.

11 Things About Me:

1. I'm oringinally from Wisconsin but have lived in California for the past 20 or so years.
2. I have two pets- my dog, Malmac, and my cat, Twitch.
3. I have been a polish junkie since grade school- it did help me stop biting my nails.
4. After 10 years of a career in customer service, I decided to go back to school, and now work as a legal assistant.  
5. I also really enjoy baking! I've been told I'm quite talented in that area as well.
6. Speaking of food, I also host a local food review web series, What's Good Fresno? . If you ever want to see more than my hands, go to whatsgoodfresno.com .
7. I met one of my best friends in real life on a nail board online!
8.  I just celebrated my 7 year anniversary with my husband- I still love him very much :)
9. My favorite color is purple, but as you can tell from my blog, I also love blues and greens on my nails.
10. I am a huge fan of Freddy Mercury. I seriously think he was one of the most talented singers ever!
11. Andy Sandberg is one of my favorite comedians/ actors. Most of his stuff is hilarious!

The questions from Emily
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I had a little extra free time when I went back to school, and wanted to share my love of polish with more than my immediate circle of friends.
2. What color do you have the most of in your collection?
I think purple or blue. I have trouke saying no to a good purple.
3. How many bottles of polish do you own?
At least 600.
4. What do your friends/family think of your hobby?
Most are very supportive- My husband is shockingly supportive of my habit.
5. What are your hobbies other than blogging?
As I mentioned, eating and baking! I like food quite a bit.
6. What would be your dream polish?
A rich blue purple linear holo with a touch of unicorn pee (Clairns 230).
7. If you could have any super power what would it be?
Either the ability to stop time or read minds.
8. What is your favorite food?
Depends on the weather and where I am- if I can see the ocean, sea food, if it's winter, pho, if it's summer, sushi, and I always love GOOD Italian, which is hard to find.
9. What trends do you love?
I do like the geek chick, because I've always been a geek, so no it's just more socially acceptable ;)
10.  What is your first memory of nail polish?
I was painting my nails with a navy Wet'n'Wild polish, my dad came in my room and complained it smelled like paint thinner in my room. Haha!
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
Rome, Italy. My grandfather was born there and I have always imagined going to see it and meet family I have never met.

11 Questions I'd love ask
1. What is your first polish memory?
2. Is this something you share with friends, or do you keep your 'polish play time' to yourself?
3. How do you keep your polish organized?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. What is your favorite finish?
6. What is your favorite polish brand?
7. What else do you do with your free time?
8. Do you have any pets?
9. What is your vision of a 'perfect day'?
10. What is your favorite book?
11. What is your favorite movie?

I am tagging:
5. Hello Kitty Queen at http://www.ohmynails.tumblr.com/

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for tagging me! This makes three times I've been tagged for this, I imagine I have lots of questions to answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun!! Thanks for tagging me, I'll work on this later :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, cool! When my brain resembles something other than mush (I worked all weekend), I'll do this. Right now only one or two neurons are firing. It is not pretty. LOL.

    ReplyDelete